Friday, February 1, 2013

A blog about blogs...how original.



Blogging, for some reason, has always terrified me.  Perhaps it's because I'm a very opinionated person who realizes that once you put something into the blogosphere it can (and will) haunt you forever.  I also know, however, that I have a somewhat (ha.) sarcastic sense of humor that is hard to translate into words.  All of that aside, I've come to realize that in my profession, or at least the one I hope to enter into, a blog is a necessity.

Blogging is a great tool.  It allows you to create a persona for yourself and/or your company.  It can provide an inside look into just about anything you can imagine and it can present you with opportunities you may have never gotten before.  On the flip side, it can also mean your demise if not handled correctly. Remember, everyone is "googleable"  and once your name is attached to something (like a blog) it's hard to undo it.

Business and personal blogs will vary in content, but the goal is usually the same.  Here are some helpful tips on business blogging and personal blogging.  Do you have a blog?  If so, I'd love to check it out--leave the url in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment