Friday, February 15, 2013

Infographics

Infographics, by definition, are a visual representation of information or data.  Infographics are a fantastic way to relay large amounts of information in a way that is quickly read. From cars to statistics, there is no limit to the topic of your infographic.  Whether you are creating an infographic yourself, or hiring someone to do it for you, the most important thing to remember is to choose a good topic with information that people want to read about.  This doesn't necessarily mean the information has to be life changing, but it should be interesting and entertaining at the least.

I, personally, am a visual person; especially when it comes to numbers.  Any time numbers can be presented to me visually, i'm much more likely to retain the information.  An infographic can transform something you never thought you understood into something you can finally grasp.  Figuring out the best way to use them for your benefit is the first step.

Recently I found that some folks were turning their resumes into an infographic.  It made total sense to me once I heard it and I was excited to turn my resume into something exciting rather than just another piece of paper in a stack.  I really wasn't sure where to start, but after a quick Google search of "infographic resume builder", I found the website vizualize.me.  From this website, I was able to connect with my LinkedIn account and have it build an infographic for me.  It pulled the information from my profile and I just edited as needed.  Though I still want to try creating my own from "scratch", I was very pleased with my results.  You can check out my infographic resume here:  vizualize.me/jessb57.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment