Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oh, hey. Let's talk about me now.


Hey y'all! I'm Jessica. Twenty-five years old, married to my best friend, mother to three fur-babies (2 dogs & a cat), and a senior at the University of Louisville where I'm studying Communications. I'm starting this blog for a few reasons; mostly because I have to (for my social media class), but also because it's something I know I need to do both personally and professionally.


Me & my husband, Adam.
For my first assignment, I have been asked to introduce myself and talk about my goals. I think I've got the introduction covered (see above), though I'm sure we'll go into more detail in the future (trust me, I love to talk about myself), now lets talk about my goals.

Ultimately, I would like to start my own social media marketing business. Through the internships that I've held and the classes I've taken, I have found that my main area of interest is in social media. As the old saying goes, "choose a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in  our life.", social media is what I love. Working in social media, however, doesn't mean I get to sit on Facebook all day or sort through hundreds of DIY pins on Pinterest (though sometimes I do). It means that I have the opportunity to promote something or someone in a way that has never been done before. I get to introduce people to new things and help build a community that will continue to thrive long after my work is done. Though this profession will be a continuous learning experience, I hope that this class will teach me how to create and successfully execute a social media campaign and give me the information I need to begin a successful career.

My ridiculously cute dogs,
Jackson (left) & Derby (right)

So, like I said, I created this blog because I had to, but it is my intention to grow it beyond something that is simply a class project and make it truly my own.  My own voice, my own opinions, and my own pictures of my ridiculously cute dogs.  Jess Because I Can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment